The Journey line of sleeping bags from Sea to Summit combines traditional comfort and quality with an innovative approach for the budget-consciousadventurer.
Whether you’re sleeping in a hostel across Europe, exploring South America with a backpack or doing the Bibbulmun in Western Australia, the classic Journey sleeping bags in a tapered rectangular shape and 650+ Loft ULTRA-DRY down offer compressible comfort and warmth.
The Journey East sleeping bag has more down throughout the bag and includes THERMOLITE foot padding to keep heels and ankles warm, and was designed specifically for women, with a wider hip and tighter shoulder shape. Chest padding prevents the down insulation from sliding down the sides of the bag, leaving unprotected spaces when you sleep, creating cold spots. The bag’s side padded design maintains a 60/40 fill ratio and keeps more down at the top of the bag for optimal insulation.
The bag was designed with ultra-lightweight material for minimal weight and storage volume; the #5 YKK double zipper along the length of the bag and the foot zipper allow the bag to be fully opened for quilting use.
The foot zipper is ideal for extra ventilation or for greater freedom of movement in the feet. The 3D side padding ensures that the down is distributed evenly around the sides of the bag for maximum insulation, and the padded hood can be tightened to fit snugly in cold weather, or used as such in warmer temperatures.
The protective padding material along the zipper is specially designed to keep the zipper from getting stuck, and the silky 20D nylon lining allows for good ventilation without losing down. This classic down sleeping bag also counts a large internal pocket among its thoughtful features, ideal for keeping valuables safe or batteries warm.
Technical features :
- Women-friendly tapered rectangular shape for a perfect balance of space and adaptable warmth
- RDS 650 + Loft UTRA-DRY™ down for optimal insulation and compressibility
- Additional down padding throughout the bag and THERMOLITE® padding at the foot area for optimal warmth.
- Vertical chest padding to keep down from shifting and ensure even protection
- Ultra-lightweight materials for reduced weight and bulk
- YKK #5 double zipper and foot zipper for opening the bag for quilting and additional ventilation options
- Oversized zipper beads with anti-pinch material
- Large internal security pocket
- 3D side padding for good down distribution on the sides of the bag
- Adjustable 3D hood when needed
- Trek Jo3 sleeping bag includes an extra down collar to prevent heat loss and retain heat inside
- Silky smooth, lightweight and highly breathable 20D nylon liner fabric, durable 30D nylon outer shell
- Includes an Ultra-Sil ™ compression bag for compact storage
- Zippered pairing: this bag was designed to be paired with another bag